The Barbara Stone Foundation awards grant funding to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that provide services for people with disabilities and special needs in Greenville County. Our funding priorities do not include capital improvements. Beginning in the fall of 2012, the Foundation will review grant applications on a semi-annual basis. Yearly deadlines are March 15 and September 15.
Organizations wishing to request funds from the Foundation are required to use the application process that is outlined in the Required Grant Application Content and Grant Application Cover Sheet documents (links below). You may download these documents for your use in preparing an application.
Applications for funding will be considered so long as the project’s intended purpose fits the mission of the Barbara Stone Foundation. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com with questions.
The mission of the Barbara Stone Foundation is to raise funds to enhance the quality of life for citizens of Greenville County with developmental disabilities, head and spinal cord injuries, and autism.
A final report that describes the project’s outcomes will be required. Depending on the focus of the project, an interim report might also be requested.
Some of the programs, equipment, and organizations supported to date by the Foundation:
- Supplemental help for families with reduced or insufficient support
- Gap funding for medications and equipment prior to Medicaid approval
- Scholarships to Camp Spearhead for children with disabilities and special needs
- Specialized equipment such as motorized wheelchairs, lifts, walkers, braces, beds
- Educational materials and devices
- Educational field trips and recreational activities
- Supplemental funding for vehicles and special care equipment for organizations such as Thrive Upstate (formerly the Greenville County Disabilities and Special Needs Board)
- Project HOPE Foundation’s Virtual Hope Program serving teenagers with autism who have the scholastic potential to graduate high school